Monday 10 March 2014

A TRIBUTE TO GRAHAM WARNER (1929-2014)

A fitting tribute to Graham Warner, who sadly passed away at the weekend, by the author of his recently published biography.

"Some of you may know that I worked with Graham Warner on a biography which was published last November. Graham had been ill for some time and he passed away peacefully yesterday. He packed more into his 84 years than seems feasible: a flyboy during the early days of jet fighters, a sports car ace in the 1950s and early ’60s, a team entrant in just about every category of motor sport, a record label owner and latterly a restorer of historic aircraft. Working with him was two parts inspirational, one part maddening, and I’m going to miss the bugger. Coming so soon after Tony Crook, another grandee who I liked enormously, this is all very sad. I hope you will forgive me posting this. RIP Graham, I’m glad to have called you a friend." – Richard Heseltine

No comments :

Post a Comment